Monday 4 June 2018

The Marvelous R C Harvey!

Many long years ago, I came across R C Harvey in the pages of 
the Rockets Blast Comic Collector
and I was in awe.

What a cartoonist and I had never heard of him...
of course, as it transpired, talented or not, R C Harvey had to have a day job, to make ends meet because cartooning and comic book making, while a lot of fun, take a lot of effort and a little bit of luck to turn what is usually a passion, into a career.

As the years rolled by, R C Harvey and his cartoons migrated into The Comics Journal
as did his written pieces about the comics medium
and in a fairly short while,
he was a writer who occasionally cartooned, instead of a cartoonist who frequently wrote.

Our loss.

In the early Nineties, 
a book about him and his cartoons, entitled 
Not Just Another Pretty Face,
was published and I snapped one up!


But the main thrust of this piece, is to republish the first article and cartoons that R C did for the old RBCC
and here it is:







I want to take this opportunity to thank Mister Harvey, 
for the hours and hours of fun, that his work has given me and for the inspiration, to keep on trying to be a cartoonist, even if I am the only one who ever sees my drawings.

There will be more to come, including R C's Superhero parody,
Zero Hero and his sexy sidekick, Starbright.

I hope it meets with someones approval, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment