Saturday 23 June 2018

Christine Carter : Life and the Pursuit of Happiness

A while ago, I happened across a Blog.

That, in and of it's self, doesn't say very much because I spend a good deal of, "nonproductive time", cruising the Internet, when perhaps I should be applying myself to more important things.

However, this little Blog, which only ran for four years, was written by another transplanted Brit, although she arrived in Canada ten years before I did and sadly, passed away last summer.


Christine Carter, of Sault Ste. Marie, wrote a little Blog called Retired and Loving It.  It only lasted, from her retirement in the summer of 2011, until it suddenly stopped in the winter of 2014 but her love of life and her ability to keep herself busy, come through, loud and clear.

The mystery, to me, is what happened in the missing two and a half years, between November 2014 and her death, in June 2017.

As is usual, with most casual Bloggers, me included, is that the number of posts decrease, year over year, because it takes an effort, to think of things to write about.

Not to mention the time it takes to actually type the posts into the computer!

Christine must have been quite the woman and I am sorry that I will never have the opportunity to meet her.

There isn't anything life changing, to be found on her Blog but there is an affirmation of a life well lived and a retirement well enjoyed, that deserves to be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment