Tuesday 5 June 2018

Jim Starlin : A Life in Words & Pictures

When it was fist published, over a decade ago, I wanted to see a copy of the book, before committing to buy a copy and as a consequence, I never even saw it!


Later on, the prices being asked for a second hand copy, were so extreme that I just accepted that I would never own a copy.

So, when Aftershock announced that they were going to reissue the volume, I was in heaven!

Jim Starlin's career mirrors my time spent as a comic book enthusiast and I remember his work on the Marvel Comics of the Seventies, with a great deal of fondness.

One of the "treasures" of my collecting years, is a copy of his early comic book fanzine, The Eagle.

It is amazing to me to admit that I have watched a whole generation of artists and writers, enter the comic book field and now I get to watch them retire from it...

Thank you, Jim Starlin, for helping to fill my head with dreams and aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment