Wednesday 14 November 2018

Vaughn Bode and Cartooning


Had he managed to escape the fate that befell him, Vaughn Bode would be Seventy Seven years old!

That just doesn't compute but in a time, when even the seemingly immortal Stan Lee eventually fell to the reaper and it has been seven long years, since Jeffrey Catherine Jones left us, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised!

Vaughn was a wonderful cartoonist and I have been studying his works for the past forty plus years.

Here is an example of the type of dissecting that I do:


I hope, that in some small way, I can be of help, to other students of cartooning and perhaps speed up their own understanding, of this very special area of the graphic arts. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you're a cruel blogger Chris, I've already made my final Christmas list, and I love Donald Grant edition books.

    https://secure.grantbooks.com/zelazny-childrens-books/
    This is a double set only a couple of years old and it seems that there's still stock ...
    both books in a slipcase ..."Here at last are these two wonderful stories available as a two book numbered slipcased set each individually signed by Roger Zelazny.
    Edition Limited to 1,000 Signed Copies. 2 Book Slipcased"
    ~ Jim B.

    ReplyDelete