Saturday 28 November 2020

Stuart Immonen Draws a Comic Book Panel

 One of my personal recommendations, to any aspiring Comic Book artist, is that along with studying the old masters of the form, like Joe Kubert, Alex Toth and Will Eisner, it would also be beneficial, to study the work of Stuart Immonen.


Stuart managed to alienate me, a couple of years ago, with a very unnerving and brusque response to something I said to him but that doesn't stop me from admiring his skills as a graphic storyteller.



This example, in a step by step mode, I discovered, posted by someone else, just the other day but the good stuff, deserves to be re posted and this is definitely, good stuff.


Stuart has been a solid comic book professional, for around thirty odd years and the fact the ha has "stepped back" from the drawing table, in the last couple of years, is a shame.



I really enjoyed his short series, written by Mark Millar, Empress but it was over too soon.



The last book that Stuart worked on, was Plunge, written by Joe Hill.  Horror styled stories, while I have enjoyed a few, are not really my thing and while I bought the series and read it, I was less than overawed by it.

I wait, with anticipation, to see what he will do next.


No comments:

Post a Comment