Saturday 26 September 2020

The Changes in My Collecting Habit.

 As we rush toward the end of September, in this rather insane year, that it has been dominated and disrupted, by the Great Covid-19 Pandemic...or whatever history will record it as, I am amazed, by how relatively normal all of the changes, socially and economically, have become.

My particular pleasure, stretching back almost 50 years, has been a deep and abiding interest in comic books and how they are created.  With all the problems, that Covid-19 has thrown into our paths, it is fantastic, that the disruption, to the weekly "New Comic Book Day", was so short lived.

My interest, in the regular comic book titles of my youth, left me long ago and for the last few years, my collecting has been spotty, at best but somehow, incrementally, my library has continued to grow.

  These days, it is mainly books and magazines, that either concentrate on the history, of our great shared passion, or on the nuts and bolts of how comic books are created...with just the occasional, actual comic book, to keep the dream alive!


Here are a few of the things, that I have bought recently and in the case of the comic book "floppies", they are, by and large, from limited runs and series.


I can heartily recommend, any of the titles you see here and I hope that someone, somewhere will try one or two of them out and see if they like them, too.












These last covers, are for yet to arrive books but they fit the parameters and so, I include them here.  The Adam Hughes, Hellboy One-Shot, was announced at the end of 2019 and if we are lucky, it will actually appear at the end of 2020


and the Steve Parkhouse drawn, Peter Hogan written, Resident Alien series of limited series, of which this is the latest incarnation, has been a joy to read since the very first issue.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new series has in store.






No comments:

Post a Comment