Monday 14 September 2020

Some New Acquisitions

 With the changes that the Covid-19 Hysteria has imposed upon us all, my regular schedule, of Wednesday/New Comic Book Day, trips into Toronto, came to an end.


After almost 45 years, of buying comic books on a weekly cycle, most of the time, this disease has managed to change everything.  My new regime, once the restrictions allowed it, has been to go into see Dobi, at Thunderstruck Books and the Bloor Street BMV, once a month.


On my last trip, two of the items I bought were:



Back in 2012, I looked through the signed and limited hardback edition of Naughty and Nice and in my stupidity, I passed on it!  It was $100 and I thought that I would think about it, for a week and see it the next week... but it flew off the shelf and I never saw it again.

Later on, I paid $95 to Dan, the then owner of the Toronto book store, The Labyrinth, for a paperback edition!

That is part of the reason why, when this new Bruce Timm book was scheduled to arrive, I made sure to ORDER a copy! LOL



On my last trip, a month ago, I bought the first two issues of the comic book series, of this title and I enjoyed them!

So, I asked Dobi about the "Prelude" graphic novel, that came out first and she still had a copy of it...and now I own it!  Chris Samnee is a new favourite and his work reminds me of the "old guys" who originated the form.  Oh, yeah! I also bought the third issue of the comic book, too.


One other thing, worth mentioning, is the new story arc of Black Magick.  It is a series that I have enjoyed, from the first issue and the fact that the creative team, have published it, in story arcs, whenever they have five issues in the can, has been an awkward but a workable solution.

As awkward as it has been, trying to stay aware of where and when, the next series of issues would be appearing...at least they are still appearing.  In this modern age, when comic books can just stop, in mid storyline, with no explanation and never come back, the fact that a quality book, like this one, is still chugging along, is nothing short of a miracle! LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment