Wednesday 12 December 2018

Tuesday Tips by Griz & Norm


This morning, I received an e-mail notification from the amazing and wonderful Stuart Ng, book seller extraordinary, of California.

There were, as usual, a host of New Arrivals to scan through but this item, in particular, stood out for me and I thought that I should add my 10 cents about it to the pot.

I discovered Griz & Norm and their fantastically informative, Tuesday Tips, while surfing on-line, looking for just such assistance and soon thereafter, they published their first collection as a book.

Needless to say, I sprinted to my nearest reseller, The Labyrinth bookshop, on Bloor Street West, here in Toronto and bought myself a copy... as soon as it came in!

Dan, the original owner of The Labyrinth, decided a while ago, to close his downtown location and concentrate on his store in Oakville.  

Luckily, Dobi, who had managed the downtown location for Dan, for almost 10 years, decided (however unwisely) to throw her cap into the ring, as an owner operator.

Without missing a beat, except for Dan's crappy insistence that, "The Labyrinth is CLOSING here",
Dobi renamed the store "Thunderstruck" and continued to be my source for the rare and unusual art books that I collect.

Hopefully, I will be buying this second volume of Griz & Norm's Tuesday Tips, from Dobi, whenever it arrives.

I cannot praise the first volume enough and I expect to be raving about the second volume too.
So, do yourself a favour and go out, to a bricks and mortar book store and buy one.  Amazon really doesn't need your business and the independent owner operator, of your local specialty store, will really appreciate your patronage.

No comments:

Post a Comment