Sunday 29 March 2015

More Brian Lewis

It is obvious to anyone who has been reading these pages, that I am not a regular contributor.
I would like to be but the real world tends to get in the way and of course, I admit to being hobbled by procrastination too!
That being said, I will try to do more...


An advertisement for the late great Andromeda bookshop.
I don't remember seeing it after this one and only appearance, 
but it is a lovely piece of work and I am surprised that Rog Peyton didn't get more mileage out of it.  Once again, Star Wars fever strikes!


I am fairly certain that I didn't attend the EasterCon of 1977 
but I probably picked this up from the Andromeda Bookshop, 
sometime later on.

Is it just me, or was Brian channeling Moebius for this one?


Astron number one, from the enthusiastic fandom of my youth.
It was produced by Steve Green, another regular visitor to the Andromeda Bookshop and one of my early cartoon efforts graced the cover of issue two.  A terrible come-down after such a stellar beginning.


Front Cover


Back Cover

Starburst Magazine, issue one and Star Wars was all the rage!
I was always a little taken aback by the stunted appearance of the figures in these images, I don't know if it was intentional or if it was something else but it still bothers me today.


This appeared inside the same issue of Starburst and the level of detailed rendering, that Brian put into a simple bit of "toilet humour", is delightful.

Brian had a strip, printed almost a year after he died, in Vampirella issue 82.  The title was "Prey of the Wolf" and it was a lovely story, worthy of notice, to say the least.  It is posted elsewhere in Cyberspace but I will endeavour to make larger scans and post them.

Don't hold your breath while you wait,
it could take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment