Friday 26 February 2021

Jim Steranko's Rocket Robin Hood Storyboards, for "Escape from Xanador!"

 Many years ago, when we were still acquainted with each other, Ronn Sutton, the artist on Claypool Comics' Elvira, among other things, gave me these photo copies, knowing that they would interest me.


Ronn had been quite close with Jim Steranko and I am guessing, that these either came from him, or were passed along to Ronn by someone who knew them both.


To say that I was surprised, when so many other bits and pieces of paper ephemera are here, on the Web, for Geeks like me, to enjoy and collect, that these are not already available.


I hope, that by posting them, I am providing a service, to the collectors and academics, who find this type of "hidden gem", to be like catnip.


I sincerely hope, that Mister Steranko, sees it in that light and doesn't take exception, to these images being disseminated.


So, without further ado, I present "Escape from Xanador!"....some fifty years after they were drawn.


(The first eleven images were reduced, in the original photo copying.) 














These last two frames, are 'size as' and give an idea of the scale, that Jim Steranko, was working at.




No comments:

Post a Comment