Friday 4 May 2018

Brian Lewis Forty Years Later

I have posted about the late, great Brian Lewis before 
and I will, no doubt, continue to sing his praise,
until I am no longer able to.

My attraction to Brian's style was immediate and one of my greatest thrills is that I own a sheet of his original art!

I found this, wonderfully large scan, of the artwork that Brian sent to Dez Skinn, through his agent, to prove to Dez that he could work in a style, that would suit The House of Hammer magazine, that Dez was publishing.


I also ran across this illustration,


which is from a Persuaders Annual and shows the debonaire 
Roger Moore in action.

While I was e-mailing a friend about these images, I lucked into finding the photograph, that Brian had used for reference, 
of the Roger Moore figure.


So many years ago and yet, it feels like yesterday!

Brian died at the end of 1978 and it was a shock! 
What is even more shocking is the fact that I am presently 
twelve years older than he ever got to be...

Thank you, Mister Lewis, for all the years of  enjoyment that your work has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment