Friday 2 March 2018

Keeping One's Chin Up

Given my advancing age and the simple fact, that there are fewer years ahead of me, even under the most optimistic estimates, than the sixty odd behind me, 
perhaps it isn't surprising to discover that I have experienced a little melancholia, from time to time.

Words of wisdom, about surviving life's trials and tribulations, are only as true as we want them to be.

However, I thought that these words expressed a philosophy of life, rather well.


It isn't always easy and as one ages it gets harder, to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again...

BUT WE SHOULD

because, in the final analysis, 

HOPE

is all we have
and "It ain't over, until the fat lady sings".

Poor old Robert Crumb has often decried the commercial thievery that kept him from making any money out of this cartoon
but I think that it sums up my philosophy of life, rather well.




No comments:

Post a Comment