Sunday 28 May 2017

The Silver Snail at 41 Years Old!

The Silver Snail
41st Anniversary Poster


What can I say?

For me, this has to be one of the weakest and oddest images,
that the store has ever used to try and promote it's self.

Looking back over the previous examples,
there is a distinct disconnect, from the often Science Fiction themed
images, of many of it's predecessors.

Intentionally or not, the Horror or Vampire theme, strikes the wrong chord, in my opinion because I have never really associated The Silver Snail with a Horror vibe!

Maybe I am simply showing my age and spouting off, like the old geezer that I am because, at the end of the day, truthfully, the fact that the store still exists, is amazing.

Congratulations and I hope that you guys get to survive another year but with our insane, Toronto commercial space rents,
 who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment