Friday 7 October 2016

Summer is Over, time to Fall into Winter!

It has been an interesting season.

I got to a visit from a very old friend, Nigel, who I
last saw in 1981!  We used to be fellow comic collectors, frequenting the same stores and conventions, back in England, in the Seventies

Somewhere along the line, we changed places, he became the responsible, dependable career guy and I turned into the California dude, laid back and unconcerned; life teaches us lessons and some of them are unexpected.

I have spoken before, about my life long interest in cartooning and Nigel, back then, shared that interest but he transformed himself, over time, into a really spectacular representational artist.
There is no way, that I could do what he does and I am amazed at his talent, not to mention his speed of production... and he only paints for a hobby!



Nigel Whittaker
Artist and Business Tycoon!



Follow the Link to see more of Nigel's paintings.

While he was here, in Toronto, we talked up a storm, about just about every topic you could imagine and probably a few you couldn't!  Somehow, we never really talked about Art or the fun and techniques of making it, which is a shame because that is where my interest lies.

Truthfully, after a break of 35 years, it often felt as though we had never been apart and we both experienced "Timewarp" moments!

It was an amazing thing, that he would travel so far, at such an expense, for such a short time, just to see me again.  I am humbled by his gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment