Monday 8 June 2015

Brian Lewis Cartoonist and Illustrator: The Reptile, House of Hammer #19

Here is another instalment of the ongoing collection
of comic strip work by the late, great Brian Lewis.












Brian would have been 86 this year, had he not died in 1978.
It is a sobering thought, that he was nine years younger than I am now, when he died.

There are a lot of bits and pieces by Brian, that I have copied from the Web and I will continue to put them up but this is the last of the full stories that I have.

Several years ago, I had a short exchange of e-mails with a guy in England who owned two of the original House of Hammer cover paintings.  They had come to him through a market vendor, who believed that the stylized signature said "Lenin" and he advertised them that way!  The owner was half-heartedly trying to sell them but the three thousand pounds ( I seem to remember ) he was asking for them,was far too high for me to consider; sadly.

I wonder where they are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment