Monday 4 May 2015

Cartoonist & Illustrator Brian Lewis Malvoisin's Mirror

This time, the story is from House of Hammer #6
and while it may be short, it shows the range of Brian's illustrative talents off to good effect.

I was always very taken by the frame that circled the mirror, even more so as an eighteen year old!  Brian always managed to draw women that appealed to me and I would love to know what happened to these original pages.





Someone that I used to know, Dave Holmes of the Magic Labyrinth in Leicester, had a couple of Brian Lewis originals, back in the late Seventies and I always coveted them.  One was of a knight and his betrothed beneath a tree, which I think probably came from an illustrated children's book and the other was one of Brian's Adult Illustrations from an illustrated erotic story.

The knight and his betrothed were fully painted and lovely to look at, the design was almost akin to a stained glass window.
The erotic illustration was in pencil and truly beautiful to behold.  Brian had managed to create an image, that at first glance looked like a crowd surging against the railing in an arena but on closer inspection, proved to be of two women being "taken"from behind, by the men pressed against them.

I wonder if Dave still has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment